At the beginning of reading this article I was thinking that college age people are not the only people who sometimes have a hard time seeing the other side of debatable topics. Adults well into their life act the same way. When it went on to talk about all the hypocrisy in Donald Trump's actions and words, I realized he was not only judging younger individuals. Frank Bruni gives examples of how Trump shuts down and gets angry when confronted with opposing viewpoints. Listening to the other side is essentially the basis for our next project. Sympathizing with an opinion you consider morally wrong is not always easy. Honestly, not being like Trump is a pretty good incentive to try something, though. This article and especially the npr podcast remind me of a series called Conversations With People Who Hate Me. It's it's own podcast by Dylan Marron about taking negative comments that people have made online towards someone with an opposing view and turning them into produ...
T he sketches are a bit rough. I planned to do a more refined sketch after deciding which idea will be the one I want to move forward with. Left: The scene takes place in the Metropolitan Museum of Art. The paintings and sculptures are replaced with aspects of my identity. Not to say that I hold myself as highly as the art in the museum, but taking the museum for what is is for me, a comfortable place to observe and reflect. Right: I did a dollhouse scene for this sketch. I think it provides a sense of nostalgia which is definitely a part of my personality. Each room inside the house represents a different aspect of myself. Left: The space is a nonspecific room in this sketch. The subject definitely comes forward more than my previous two sketches. The main focus is my hand holding various versions of myself. The thing I like about this one is that it can be interpreted as my life being in my own hands. Right: This one is more a play on evaluating aspec...
Comments
Post a Comment