One Step at a Time #7


If perhaps you've never been, this is a photo from The Philadelphia Museum of Art. The sculpture at the top of the steps is Diana. As the label reads, since her adoption, "Diana has reigned as the goddess of the Museum’s Great Stair Hall". I'm much more partial to these stairs than the Rocky steps outside. I've been to this museum a half dozen times at least. Diana is always there, shining and strong. And every time I walk these steps, I leave the museum with new drawings and artists to reference in my sketchbook. The stairs in this building have taken me to spaces that have helped me grow as an artist ever since my first time visiting them in high school.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at a Time #10

Identity Composite Brainstorming

My Favorite Street Artists