Vinyl Project Brainstorming

I considered a few different locations in my brainstorming. I like sending letters so I thought about making something cute to put on a mailbox. I thought about maybe an owl with a pun somewhere on campus, or something silly on a street sign. I did some sketches, but I wasn't getting any ideas I felt very strongly about. I went through my old sketchbook to see if there were any ideas I'd written down that might be helpful.

Towards the end of that sketchbook I'd asked a couple of my friends to give me random topics to sketch to use up the last of my pages (my personal favorite was the sketches I did of Christmas lemurs). Another creative suggestion I got was homeless birds. Looking at these sketches again, I considered using one of these drawings for my project. It's hard to resist feeding little birds and homelessness is definitely a problem in Philadelphia. I think it might be an interesting statement to take something like birds that are usually so adorable and have them in a situation that is not adorable, a situation many of have been conditioned to look the other way from when confronted with it. I have seen quite a few individuals asleep in this city's subway stations. I think I'd like to put my decal on a wall down there. Would putting an image of a sweet bird begging for food amidst real humans down on their luck make people think a little more about their actions or lack thereof? Perhaps we shall see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at a Time #10

Identity Composite Brainstorming

My Favorite Street Artists