About Me


  1. Who are you?
    My name is Jabriya. I'm a sophomore transfer student majoring in visual studies.
  2. Where are you from?
    I'm from Easton, Pennsylvania.
  3. Tell me something interesting about yourself?
    I started college at Saint Joseph's University as an art education major in 2011. This is my first semester back in school and I'm very excited.
  4. What kind of art do you like to make?
    I love oil painting and drawing in graphite and charcoal.
  5. What apps/programs (phone/computer) do you use most frequently and what for?
    Chrome for internet browsing, Gmail for my email needs, Messenger and Snapchat for contact with friends, and Youtube for music and videos if I want to kill time.
  6. Who is your favorite artist (share a link or photo)?
    Depends.
    If it's contemporary oil: Alyssa Monks. I've met her. She's brilliant.
    Image result for Alyssa monks steamed 2009  Image result for Alyssa monks steamed 2009
    If it's surrealist photography: Kyle Thompson


    If it's surrealist sculpture: Jim Mckenzie
    http://jimmckenzie.net/video/scarecrow-making-video

    That was a lot, but that's what happens when you try to make me choose.
  7. Who is your favorite musician (share a link)?
    Again, not easy to choose. I like a lot of different music. My top 2 album recommendations are Illuminate by Lydia and In Love and Death by The Used.
  8. What do you hope to get out of this class?
    I'd like do have a decent understanding of Photoshop and similar programs that I can use to advance my personal art.
  9. Can you sit still for an hour?
    Sure.
  10. What is your relationship to visual studies?
    It's a new field of study for me. I'm just beginning to learn more about it.
  11. What is the relationship between computers and visual studies?
    I think there's a huge, positive connection between the two. The internet has made it significantly easier to study art and share art with people globally. We're using computers to make art digitally and communicating visually in a lot of new ways.
  12. What is your experience with Photoshop, Illustrator and Premiere?
    I've seen people work in Photoshop, but I've never used it myself.
  13. Do you have a computer at home? If so does it have Photoshop and Illustrator? Mac or PC?
    I have a PC. I have neither Photoshop nor Illustrator.
  14. Write a five line story.
    Once upon a time there was a girl who loved roller skating. Her grandfather would take her to the skating rink every week to practice. She fell quite a lot at first, but as the weeks went by, the number of falls she took decreased. After a while she even got kind of decent at going backwards! The girl doesn't skate as much these days, but she still finds an inner peace on 8 wheels when she does.
  15. Post an image.

    Painting of my little brother

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at a Time #10

Identity Composite Brainstorming

My Favorite Street Artists